Enjoy the Little Things
When most people look back on life they may have a similar piece of advice:
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you make look back and realize they were the big things.” ~Robert Brault
What are these little things in your life?
- A moment of space and calm with a morning shower.
- That first sip of coffee, tea or juice.
- The everyday playing with your kids.
- A moment of holding hands with a loved one.
- A warm colors of a sunset.
- The peace of trimming the plants in the garden.
- A short visit with a friend.
- The smile from a stranger.
- Laying down and looking up at the sky.
- A warm cup of soup on a cold day.
There are so many little moments in the day that we miss out on.
Here’s a good question:
“What would the hours, days and week ahead be like if we were more mindful of these ‘little things’ in daily life?”
Bring that into your day and see what happens.
As always, please share your thoughts, stories and questions below. Your interaction creates a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.