Jealousy, Anger, Depression and Fear
HELLO DR. SCHWARTZ, I'M 21YRS OLD AND HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO. THAT IS, ONLY MY GIRLFRIEND... I MOVED THOUSANDS OF MILES TO FIND A BETTER LIFE FOR US. SO SHE IS OVER THERE AND I AM HERE LOOKING FOR WORK. TONIGHT I'M TORMENTED MORE THAN USUAL. I SELDOM FEEL THAT WAY. EVEN WHEN I WAS WITH HER EVERYDAY. IT'S LIKE THAT EVERY DAY!!!!: ( MY FUNDS HAVE RUN SHORT SO I CAN'T CALL HER. I'M DEVASTATED. I KNOW TRUST IS THE FOUNDATION OF ANY RELATIONSHIP AND ANYTHING THAT ENTAILS BUT I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO APPLY WHAT I KNOW TO CALM ME DOWN. MY IMAGINATION JUST GETS THE BETTER OF ME AND I HAVE THOUGHTS AND NIGHTMARES OF HER SEEING OTHER MEN. I'M AFRAID IT WILL BE LIKE THAT AND ONE DAY IT WILL RUIN OUR RELATIONSHIP WHICH NATURALLY, IS THE OUTCOME EXPECTED. OR WORSE. I COME FROM A BROKEN HOME AND NEVER GOT A DECENT PIECE OF ADVICE. TO BE HONEST I'M ASHAMED FOR ACTING IN SUCH A MANNER. I DON'T FEEL BAD FOR MYSELF. I ONLY FEEL BAD FOR HER HAVING TO PUT UP WITH MY PARANOIA. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO... I JUST WAN'T TO BE A BETTER MAN FOR MY FIANCEE.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.